I like books, some are worth sharing. Knowledge can be acquired in many ways, books are one; books are very important yet never enough, some consider intuition better, and some also say that un-learning everything and letting go of all knowledge helps you find out who you are. I agree with all of these statements.
Find below a list of books that I like, and recommend. I like the authors, own or have read these. I tried to organize them into categories, however keep in mind many, if not all, these books and categories overlap:
The Mind, Emotions, Psychology, and Pain:
- The Body Keeps the Score, Bessel Van Der Kolk, M.D.
- Getting Past Your Past, self-help techniques from EMDR therapy, Francine Shapiro, PhD
- Maybe You Should Talk To Someone, A Therapist, HER Therapist, and Our Lives Revealed, Lori Gottlieb
- The Biology of Belief, Bruce Lipton, Ph.D.
- The 5 Love languages, Gary Chapman
- Heal Your Body, Louise Hay
- You Can Heal Your Life, Louise Hay
- I Need Your Love – Is That True?, Byron Katie
- Mind Over Medicine – Scientific Proof That You Can Heal Yourself, Lissa Rankin, M.D.
- The Healing Brain – A Scientific Reader, Ornestein / Swencionis
- Positive Words, Powerful Results, Hal Urban
- Molecules of Emotion – The Science Behind Mind-Body Medicine, Candace Pert, Ph.D.
- The Art of Happiness, the Dalai Lama
- The 100 Simple Secrets of Happy People, David Niven, Ph.D.
- Shortcuts to Inner Peace – 70 Simple Paths to Everyday Serenity, Ashley Davis Bush L.C.S.W.
- The Healer Within, Steven Lock, M.D.
- The Theory and Practice of Group Psychotherapy, Yalom
- The Resilient Practitioner Skovholt, Thomas M.
- Somatic Psychotherapy Toolbox, Mischke-Reeds
- Living Beyond Your Pain, Using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy to Ease Chronic Pain, Dahl Ph.D.
- Helping Skills: Facilitating Exploration, Insight, and Action, Hill Ph.D.
- The Social Animal, Aronson
- The Making of a Therapist, Cozolino
- Theory and Practice of Counseling and Psychotherapy, Corey
- An Introduction to Theories of Personality, Matthew H. Olson
- Rome III: The Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders, Douglas Drossman
- Do-It-Yourself Eye Movement Techniques for Emotional Healing, Fred Friedberg
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th Edition: DSM-5, APA
- Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy, Calvin Banyan
- Difficult Conversations, Douglas Stone
- Hypnosis in the Relief of Pain, Ernest Hilgard
- Hypnotize Yourself Out of Pain Now!, Bruce Eimer, Ph.D
- Conquer Pain the Natural Way, Dr. Leon Chaitow
- Hypno Kinesiology, Carl Carpenter
- 21st Century Medicine – Clinical Evidence For The Healing Power Of The Mind, Devin Hastings
- 7th Path Self-Hypnosis – Get on the path and program yourself for success, Cal Banyan M.A.
- Essentials of Hypnosis, Michael Yapko, Ph.D.
- Hypnosis for Change – A Practical Manual of Proven Hypnotic Techniques, Josie Hadley
- 101 Things I Wish I’d Known When I Started Using Hypnosis, Dabney Ewin, M.D.
- Applied Hypnosis and Hyperempiria, Don Gibbons
- Medical Hypnosis Primer: Clinical and Research Evidence, Arreed Franz Barabasz
- A Guide to Trance Land: A Practical Handbook of Ericksonian and Solution-Oriented Hypnosis, Bill O’Hanlon
- Solution-Oriented Hypnosis: An Ericksonian Approach, Bill O’Hanlon
- Quick Steps to Resolving Trauma, Bill O’Hanlon
- Hypnotherapy Scripts, Ronald A. Havens
- Handbook of Hypnotic Suggestions and Metaphors, D. Corydon Hammond Ph.D.
- Clinical Hypnosis: Principles and Applications, Harold B. Crasilneck and James A. Hall
- Hartland’s Medical & Dental Hypnosis, 3rd ed. David Waxman
- Hypnosis: Putting the Imagination to Work, Ron Eslinger
- Mindful Hypnotherapy, the basics for Clinical Practice, Gary Elkins, Nicholas Olendzki
- Mind Over Back Pain, Sarno, M.D.
- Bioenergetics: The Revolutionary Therapy That Uses the Language of the Body to Heal the Problems of the Mind, Alexander Lowen
- Hypnotic Techniques for Chronic Pain Management, Mark P Jensen
- Hypnosis for Behavioral Health: A Guide to Expanding Your Professional Practice, David B. Reid PsyD
Applied Kinesiology, Yoga, Pilates, Energy Psychology, Energy Healing, Quantum Physics, Acupuncture & TCM Theory, :
- Your Body Doesn’t Lie – A New Simple Test Measures Impacts Upon Your Life Energy, John Diamond M.D.
- Psychological Kinesiology – Changing the Body’s Beliefs, William Whisenant, Ph.D.
- Psychokinesiology – Doorway to the Unconscious Mind, Alexander Holub, Ph.D.
- The Emotion Code – Future Medicine, Dr. Bradley Nelson (Founder of the Body Code System)
- Acupressure’s Potent Points: A Guide to Self-Care for Common Ailments, Michael Reed Gach
- Touch for Health, John Thie, D.C.
- Auricular Medicine and Auricular Therapy, Bryan Frank, M.D.
- Chinese Auricular Acupuncture, Skya Abbate
- Acupuncture Points Guide, Curtis Johnston
- Trigger Point Therapy for Myofascial Pain: The Practice of Informed Touch, Finando L.Ac. L.M.T.
- The DNA of Healing, Margaret Ruby
- Say Good-bye to Illness, Devi Nambudripad M.D., D.C., Ph.D. (Founder of NAET)
- The Heartmath Solution, Doc Childre and Howard Martin (Founder of the Heartmath Institute)
- Thresholds of the Mind, Bill Harris (Centerpointe Research Institute, founder of the Holosync Tech)
- Born A Healer: I Was Born a Healer. You Were Born a Healer, too!, Chunyi Lin
- Spring Forest QiGong – Level One, Chunyi Lin
- Spring Forest QiGong- Level Two for Healing, Chunyi Lin
- Spring Forest QiGong- Level Three for Advanced Energy Development and Healing, Chunyi Lin
- Spring Forest QiGong, 5 Element Qigong Healing Movements
- The Body Electric – Electromagnetism and the Foundation of Life, Robert Becker M.D. and Gary Selden
- The Tao Of Health, Sex, and Longevity, Daniel Reid
- Awaken Healing Energy Through The Tao, Mantak Chia
- The Tao of Physics, Fritjof Capra
- Faster Than Light, Superluminal Loopholes in Physics, Nick Herbert, Ph.D.
- Love Your Organs, Love Yourself, Warren King, L.Ac.
- Shiatsu, Cathy Meeus
- Pilates, body in motion, Ungaro
- Yoga as Medicine, McCall, M.D.
- Your Inner Physician and You: Craniosacral Therapy and Somatoemotional Release, Upledger
Brain Power, Infertility , and Other/General Health Topics:
- The Chemistry Of Joy, Henry Emmons M.D.
- The Chemistry Of Calm, Henry Emmons M.D.
- My Stroke of Insight – A Brain Scientist’s Personal Journey, Jill Bolte Taylor, Ph.D.
- Never Be Sick Again – Health is a Choice Learn How to Choose It, Raymond Francis, M.Sc
- Getting Well Again, Revolutionary Lifesaving Self-Awareness Techniques, Carl Simonton, M.D.
- Your Body’s Wisdom – A Body-Centered Approach to Transformation, Renee Welfeld
- The Memory Bible, Gary Small, M.D.
- Mind Power – Rejuvenate Your Brain and Memory Naturally, Gary Null, Ph.D.
- Super-Learning, Sheila Ostrander
- The Shaolin Way – 10 Modern Secrets of Survival From a Shaolin King Fu Grandmaster, Steve DeMasco
- The IV – C Mercury Tox Program, Sam Queen
- New Light on Therapeutic Energies, Mark Gallert
- The Well-Rested Woman, janet Kinosian
- The Power of Your Subconscious Mind, Dr. Joseph Murphy D.R.S, Ph.D.
- Please Don’t Label My Child, Scott Shannon M.D.
- A Baby at Last!, Zev Rosenwaks, M.D., Marc Goldstein M.D.
- Infertility for Dummies, Sharon Perkins, RN
- Overcoming Infertility, a woman’s guide to getting pregnant, Honore & Nemiro
- The Fibromyalgia Solution, David Dryland M.D.
- Health Guide to Everything Schizophrenia, Dean Haycock
- Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming, Stephen LaBerge and Howard Rheingold
- Lucid Dreaming, Plain and Simple: Tips and Techniques for Insight, Creativity, and Personal Growth, Robert Waggoner & Caroline McCready
- Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self, Robert Waggoner
Spiritual, philosophy, manifesting:
- The Power of Now, Eckhart Tolle
- A New Earth, Eckhart Tolle
- Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life, Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Full Catastrophe Living, Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain, and Illness, Jon Kabat-Zinn
- The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent, Esther Hicks
- Ask and it is given – Esther Hicks
- Power of 8 – Lynne McTaggart
- The miracle club – Mitch Horowitz
- Elements of Pantheism – Religious Reverence of Nature and the Universe, Paul Harrison
- Lessons in Truth, Emily Cady
- The Revealing Word, Charles Fillmore
- Lao-Tzu Te-Tao Ching, translated by Robert Henricks
- Taoist Yoga – Alchemy & Immortality, Lu K’uan Yu
- Invoking the Archangels, Sunny Dawn Johnston
- The Theory of Everything, Jed McKenna
- An End To Suffering, the Buddha in the world, Pankaj Mishra
- Healing and Recovery Hawkins M.D. Ph.D
- Books by Caroline Myss https://www.amazon.com/Caroline-Myss/e/B000APAWW6
- Think and grow rich – Napoleon Hill
- Meditations of First Philosophy, Rene Descartes
- The Upanishads, the wisdom of the Hindu mystics, Swami Prabhavananda
- Vedic Principles of Therapy, A Holistic Consciousness-Based Approach by Boyer Ph.D.
Herbal & Nutritional:
- Iodine, Why You Need it, why you can’t live without it, David Brownstein, M.D.
- Overcoming Thyroid Disorders, David Brownstein, M.D.
- Drugs That Don’t Work and Natural Therapies That Do, David Brownstein, M.D.
- Any books by Dr. Brownstein https://www.amazon.com/David-Brownstein/e/B001JS8VBW
- Any books by Andrew Saul on orthomolecular nutritionhttps://www.amazon.com/s/ref=dp_byline_sr_ebooks_1?ie=UTF8&text=Andrew+W.+Saul+PH.D.&search-alias=digital-text&field-author=Andrew+W.+Saul+PH.D.&sort=relevancerank
- Niacin: The Real Story, Abram Hoffer M.D. Ph.D.
- Orthomolecular Medicine for Everyone, Abram Hoffer M.D. Ph.D.
- Putting It All Together, The New Orthomolecular Nutrition, Abram Hoffer M.D. Ph.D.
- The Vitamin Cure for Depression, Bo H. Jonsson
- The Miracle of MSM, the natural solution for pain, Jacob, M.D, Lawrence, M.D., Zucker
- Herbal Home Health Care, Dr. John Christopher
- Medicinal Herbs, Rosemary Gladstar
- Free Food and Medicine – Edible Plant Guide, Markus Rothkranz
- Nature’s Garden – Edible Wild Plants, Samuel Thayer
- Edible Wild Plants, LeeAllen Peterson
- Edible Wild Plants, John Kallas, Ph.D.
- Adrenal Farigue, J Wilson
- Gut and Psychology Syndrome, Campbell-McBride, M.D.
- You’re Not Sick, You’re Thirsty, Batmanghelidj, M.D.
- 300 Herbs, Matthew Alfts
- Edible & Medicinal Wild Plants of the Midwest, Alfs
- Any books by Matthew Alfs and Wild Rose College
- Any books by Dr. Kyle D. Christensen D.C.
- Sugar Blues, Duffy
- Nutrition and Physical Degenration, Weston Price
- How to Live Longer, Linus Pauling
- Western Herbalism, Asian Herbalism & Integrative Herbalism Master Herbalist course, Midwest School of Herbal Studies
- Textbook of Modern Herbology, Wild Rose College of Natural Healing
- Herbology I, Wild Rose College of Natural Healing, Terry Willard Cl.H PhD
- Strange Fruit, Clark Heinrich
- Food Rules, Pollan
- Mushrooms and Mankind, James Arthur
- Practical Handbook of Plant Alchemy, Junius
- The Candida Cure: Yeast, Fungus & Your Health – The 90-Day Program to Beat Candida & Restore Vibrant Health, Ann Boroch CNC
- The Eat This Not That Diet, David Zinczenko
- The Family Guide to Vitamins, Herbs, and Supplements, Deborah Mitchell
- Dead Doctors Don’t Lie Joel D. Wallach
- Alternative Cures, Bill Gottlieb
- The DMSO Handbook, A New Paradigm in Healthcare, Dr Hartmut Fischer
Essential Oil Therapy / Aromatherapy (these books were recommended to me, I only own a couple of these)
- Jane Buckle, PhD, RN
CLINICAL AROMATHERAPY – Essential Oils in Healthcare – 3rd Edition
- E Joy Bowles, PhD
THE CHEMISTRY OF AROMATHERAPEUTIC OILS – 3rd Edition
- E. Joy Bowles, PhD
THE A TO Z OF ESSENTIAL OILS – What They Are, Where They Come From, How They Work
- Kathi Keville and Mindy Green
AROMATHERAPY – A Complete Guide to the Healing Art – 2nd Edition
- Brian M. Lawrence
THE ANTIMICROBIAL/BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY OF ESSENTIAL OILS – The Journal of Essential Oil Research
- Andrew Pengelly
THE CONSTITUENTS OF MEDICINAL PLANTS – An introduction to the chemistry and therapeutics of herbal medicine – 2nd Edition
- Robert Tisserand and Rodney Young
ESSENTIAL OIL SAFETY – 2nd Edition
- Mark A. Webb
BUSH SENSE – Australian Essential Oils & Aromatic Compounds
- Robbi Zeck ND
THE BLOSSOMING HEART – Aromatherapy for Healing and Transformation
- Answer Cancer – Miraculous Healings Explained, Stephen Parkhill
- Natural Strategies for Cancer Patients, Russell Blaylock, M.D.
- The Yin & Yang of Cancer, Bernard Chan, M.D.
- The Bates Method for Better Eyesight Without Glasse – William Bates M.D.
- Improve your Eyesight, Jonathan Barnes
- Better Vision Now, Clara Hackett
- Relearning to See, Thomas Quackenbush
Tooth and Oral Health:
- Cure Tooth Decay, Nagel
- The Natural Cure for Tooth Decay, Kate Evans Scott
- The Perfect Prescription, Van Cleef
- Yes, Your Teen is Crazy!: Loving Your Kid Without Losing Your Mind – by Michael J. Bradley
- The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind – by Daniel J. Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson
last edited: Dec 20, 2016