Below you will find my recommended protocol, recommended for longevity and anti-aging. This is a general protocol that is not personalized to any individual.
This regimen and my research into the use of nutrients to help with mental (and physical) health is inspired by the works of multiple researchers, scientists and doctors, including research found on pubmed, and the suggestions of the following experts:
- Dr. Andrew Weil, M.D.
- Dr. Axe
- Dr. Datis Kharrazian
- Dr. David Brownstein
- Dr. Donald Miller
- Dr. Frank Shallenberger
- Dr. Fuhrman M.D.
- Dr. Guy E. Abraham
- Dr. Henry Emmons
- Dr. Jockers
- Dr. Jonathan Wright
- Dr. Joseph Mercola, D.O
- Dr. Josh Axe, DNM, DC, CNS
- Dr. Kelly Brogan
- Dr. Lawrence Wilson
- Dr. Ray Sahelian, M.D.
- Dr. Robert J. Rowen
- Dr. Robert Lustig
- Dr. Ron Rosedale, M.D.
- Dr. Russell Blaylock, M.D.
- Dr. Mark Hoch
- Dr. Mercola
- Dr. Michael Murray , ND
- Abram Hoffer M.D. Ph.D.
- Andrew W. Saul Ph.D.
- Art Ayers Ph.D.
- Carolyn Torkelson
- Harold D. Foster Ph.D.
- Henry Emmons
- Janie A. Bowthorpe, M.Ed.
- Joel D. Wallach
- Joel Hargrove
- Ray Peat Ph.D
- Robert Lustig, M.D.
- Terry Willard, Ph.D.
- Thomas Sult, M.D.
- My training in herbalism and orthomolecular nutrition and own research.
- Iodine (works with Selenium and vitamin C to protect against cancer). ex. Lugol’s or from Iodoral (I would avoid iodine from kelp)
- Selenium (as SeMSc), get the methylated form
- Magnesium & potassium (citrate, chloride, malate or orotate)
- Boron and zinc (most are deficient)
- MSM for sulfur
- Chromium (aids in weight loss)
- Vitamin C (liposomal vit C, or buffered vitamin C; liposomal, or magnesium ascorbate powder. The magnesium in this is to buffer the ascorbic acid; this is not a significant source of Mg.. Ascorbic acid is fine)
- SOD (Kal S.O.D. 3) (to help with problems with gliadin / wheat)
- Resveratrol (100mg)
- EGCG/Green Tea extract
- Vitamin A (not from Beta carotene alone, get mixed carotenes, better from Retinyl Palmitate and Fish Liver Oil)
- Vitamin E (must be mixed tocopherols and tocotrienols) Gamma E, complex. ex. Toco-Sorb by Jarrow
- Vitamin K2 (MK4 and MK7) – Better taken with vitamin D3.
- Vitamin B complex (methylated), or from food sources. Ex. B-Right by Now.
- CoQ10 (Ubiquinol is the best form)
- Sublingual glutathione (stomach acid destroys it) or
- N-Acetyl Cysteine is a lower cost precursor to glutathione that you can take instead or in addition to glutathione.
- A source of bioavailable plant-based minerals (or Soul) or brewer’s yeast, bee pollen, bee propolis.
- “R-Lipoic Acid” the stable, bioactive and natural ‘R’ form of alpha lipoic acid (increase glutathione levels and aids in regenerating antioxidants such as vitamins C & E, and Co-Enzyme Q10). ex Bioclinic Naturals or Na-RALA
- Pure Ecklonia Cava exrtract (sea vegetable)
- Boost NRF2 with:
- Trans-Resveratrol (99%)
- Curcumin 95
- Quercetin (95%)
- Sulforaphane (2%)
- taken in, or with oil
- ex. for Resveratrol and quercetin: Resveratrol Ultra by Integrative Therapeutics
- Vitamin D3 – (5,000 IU)
- Probiotic supplements (rotate) or home-made kefir
- Krill oil (Neptune, NKO)
- A good multi-vitamin. Such as: MultiThera®1 + Vit K
If needed or under periods of physical, physiological, or emotional stress include:
- Pure 5,000 liquid B12, or other forms of methylated B12
- Niacin at higher doses
- A source of organic methylated B vitamins ex: Bee Pollen, Brewer’s yeast (also contain minerals) or a natural B complex supplement
- Acetyl L-Carnitine (1000 mg/with a meal) enhances Lipoic acid – improved energy
- Sensoril, patented form of Ashwagandha (for cortisol management and stress management)
- Organic Sulfur
- Vitamin C to tolerance, or liposomal C
- Increase intake of minerals such as potassium, zinc, and magnesium
- fish or krill oil
- increased vit D and K
- Pterostilbene (pTeroPure™)
If eating highly processed foods or high sugar foods:
- Vitamin A, D3 and K2 as explained above
- Toco-Sorb (Palm Tocotrienol/Tocopherol Complex) as explained above to reduce lipid peroxidation and oxidative stress.
- R-Lipoic Acid
- HCL pills
- Cinnamon, cardamom, clove, nutmeg
Talk to a competent nutritionist of doctor trained in ortho molecular and nutritional therapies to get this protocol customized for your specific needs. Contact me if you need help with this.
To shop first you have to create an account, go to the Wise MindBody Healing Online Dispensary with Wellevate here: https://wellevate.me/ethan-wise then click on the Create an Account to register and gain access. Now, you can shop while confident that your order will receive a 15% discount, every time you shop
Claim your professional-quality supplements at a discount – Start here:
Super foods and herbs.. this list would be too long to list completely, for now look for these:
- All wild or organic berries
- hemp seeds, oil, and greens
- burdock root
- stinging nettles
- black cumin seed oil
- cbd oil – CBD products.
- broccoli sprouts
- fresh ginger
- Rooibos (as tea or supplement)
- Mactha tea
- greens such as kale – the darker the color the better
- roots that are organic especially red and blue roots
- colored berries and fruit, the more color the better.. color that goes deeper than the skin is better… orange, red, blue, purple are great
- foods high in ORAC value
Other herbals can be utilized to suit different individuals, the above is a very general protocol that is derived from multiple professionals and trusted sources. If you can afford the above, taking these will cause physiological and mental changes, after the detox, you will notice improvements in many areas of health. While you have to consult with your healthcare provider before you make any diet or medication changes, and non of the above would cure any diseases, you have the freedom to seek information and add supplements, then observe how that makes you feel, this is a path of empowerment.
Browse this website for additional articles on nutrition.
Note: Do not change your medication or diet without consulting with your doctor, these supplements do not cure or prevent ‘disease’ and are not FDA approved.
Last edited: 5/26/2019