Across the nation, tap and well water contamination has been a major issue! Many are unaware of what’s in their water.
What’s in your well or tap water? Are you putting toxins or heavy metals in your body with every cup of water, tea or when you cook food?
Take your pick of these common toxins / contaminants:
- E. coli
- Hepatitis A
- Pharmaceutical drugs
Unless you have tested your water and it came out to be safe (especially without heavy metals), you should purchase RO water from the store to be sure that it is clean water, or purchase your own RO system.
Over and over, testing has found incidents such as these:
- Epilepsy and anxiety drugs in Southern California water used by 18.5 million people
- Heart and epilepsy drugs in Northern New Jersey water used by 850,000 people
- An antibiotic in Tucson drinking water
- A sex hormone in San Francisco drinking water.
- At least half of all water samples tested positive for some of 25 drugs.
- Opioids, acid reflux and congestive heart failure drugs were common
- Over-the-counter drugs like Tylenol and ibuprofen were common
- The highest residues were high blood pressure drugs
These contaminants are the “norm” today! Un-wanted drugs, chemicals, hormones, and heavy metals! Un-advertised and un-wanted.
I get my minerals from food, especially greens, not from my water. In our modern life where we are faced with man-made toxins everywhere, it is important to drink pure water that helps the body detox daily.. My minerals should not come from tap / well water. Some contaminants come from ground water, rivers, and recycled waters, others are added to water such as chlorine and fluoride… many leach into the water such as copper, lead. We cannot assume that tap water is safe to drink, nor well water. Cities don’t typically test their municipal waters for drugs.
The amount of contaminants in water is mindboggling and concerning. Testing your water is critical!
Sources and additional research:
- Contamination crisis http://www.ewg.org/research/mapping-contamination-crisis
- Contamination sites: http://sorenrundquist.com/PFAS
- One in Four Americans’ drinking water is untested or contaminated https://www.nrdc.org/media/2017/170502
- Chemicals with unknown health effects in America’s drinking water http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/2155348-chemicals-with-unknown-health-effects-in-americas-drinking-water/
- Owners of private wells are responsible for ensuring that their water is safe from contaminants. Private wells should be checked every year https://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/drinking/private/wells/diseases.html
- Is your well water poisoning you? https://www.mprnews.org/story/2017/06/14/is-your-well-water-poisoning-you-better-test
- Drugs in the water http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/body/pharmaceuticals-in-the-water/
- Drugs in drinking water – Officials wont tell! https://www.organicconsumers.org/essays/drugs-drinking-water-dont-ask-and-officials-wont-tell
“There’s no doubt about it, pharmaceuticals are being detected in the environment and there is genuine concern that these compounds, in the small concentrations that they’re at, could be causing impacts to human health or to aquatic organisms.”
~ Mary Buzby, Director of Environmental Technology for Merck
Bottled water is “not” any better, most bottled water is tap water. Also, purchasing water in plastic containers opens the door to plastics leeching into the water, and is not environmentally friendly.