Thank you for visiting Wise MindBody Healing online! My name is Ethan Wise.
This page exists as a gesture of transparency.
What I Do
I am your “mind-body” therapist, and mental health professional. The service I offer patients and clients is unique in that we address the mind and body at the same time to restore balance while focusing on transmuting trauma and working with the subconscious (and unconscious) mind.
I meet you where you are supporting your unique needs holistically; I support the whole you: Mind, body, energy, and soul as needed, in a completely customized manner rarely found elsewhere.
In my work, I bridge the artificial divide between the body and the mind. Blending the best of the approaches to balance the mind & emotions along with body chemistry, structure and energy.
The future of medicine is mind-body medicine, while we wait for mainstream (allopathic) medicine model to catch up, I decided to be the change I wanted to see. I bring practical knowledge and skills, from the east and the west, from scientific literature and traditional knowledge, and make these available to people right now.
The Theory Behind The Practice
While all healing is self healing, we all need others to help us now and then. In order to restore balance and health, we need correct knowledge and useful tools that are clinically proven to be effective. These tools can come in the form of psychological support, mental health counseling, nutritional approaches, energy work, or hands-on work.
My approach bridges the artificial divide between:
- Mind & body
- Conscious & subconscious
- Modern & ancient
The theories that inform my holistic my mind-body therapy practice are:
- Existential-humanistic psychology (learn more)
- Energy psychology (learn more)
- Mind-Body medicine
- Naturopathic (natural) medicine and herbals
- Orthomolecular nutrition (specific-nutrition) (learn more)
- Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) (energy medicine, and acu points)
Humans are made up of mind, body, and energy. Balancing these empowers the body to utilize it’s own innate healing wisdom. Healing is empowered when balance is restored. Life itself, especially our hectic modern life, can trigger imbalances that we need to constantly work on re-balancing. Learning the tools, and gaining the confidence in using them empowers individuals, for life.
Each of us can restore balance to:
1- The mind (conscious, subconscious, unconscious, emotions, beliefs, trauma, values)
2- The body (nervous system, structural alignment, chemistry)
5- The energy
Balancing The Whole Of You
Get the holistic mind-body therapies you deserve completely customized to meet your needs. Balancing the mind & body. Removing toxins from the mind & the body. Heal trauma. Balance the subconscious mind. We balance the mind & body concurrently. We apply the mind to help with physical conditions, we also apply the body to help the mind capitalizing on the brain-gut axis, polyvagal theory, the autonomic, enteric, and somatic nervous systems.
Imagine restoring balance to your entire nervous system, the unconscious mind, the emotions, the past, even balancing your body. You will benefit from utilizing the power of the state of hypnosis, the reality of the mind-body connection, along with hands-on and hands off methods. These include CBT, MI, hypnosis, hemispheric synchronization, methods utilizing eye movement (similar to EMDR and ART), directed imagery, autogenic training, regression, PSYCH-K, bio-feedback training, somatic experiencing, along with Craniosacral Therapy, Dynamic Body Balancing, energy balancing, and simple common sense Orthomolecular Nutrition when needed.
Your mind and body are one system. If you feel it is time to heal the mind or the body, or perhaps the mind-body together, contact Ethan; he is passionate about empowering you. We help you harness the power of your unconscious mind and your body’s innate wisdom, removing things that harm, introducing things that benefit you; this allows for the restoration of balance and the empowerment of your inner healing, because all healing is self-healing. Find out now how your healing experience can be empowering.
Every session is customized to suit your specific needs, every time.
Any of these methods alone has powerful positive effects; when combined the results are greater than the sum of the parts.
This mind-body approach offers more options, and better value to my clients.
Mission & Locations Of Service
I see clients at multiple locations in Minnesota.
Why I Do Healing Work
My path in life has allowed me to reach a place where I see no separation between mental health and physical health, mind and body. I offer my clients true unconditional acceptance, this is referred to by many names across cultures and spiritual traditions including: non-judgment, understanding, acceptance, kindness, love, Christ consciousness, and holding a sacred space, to enable healing.
While there is an abundance of clinical research and evidence showing the efficacy and effectiveness of the techniques that I utilize, there’s a severe shortage in the practice of truly holistic healing that looks at a human truly holistically. The reasons for this are many and better discussed at a different time.
There is a dire need for holistic loving care, a need for a natural healing approach that addresses a human being for who we truly are (mind, body, soul, and energy). You are not a collection of chemicals alone, not a skeletal system alone, not made of organs put together, nor are you just a body that happens to have consciousness. Despite this, the conventional health approach addresses symptoms, focuses either on the body, or the mind, and often on specific systems, but rarely ever is holistic enough.
I do healing work in order to make this world a better place, one person at a time. This is my mission and ministry.
You deserve to be offered options, methods and tools that work, because you deserve to be heard, understood, you deserve to live pain-free, to reduce suffering, and to have a better quality life experience!
I do what I do because you (my patient) matter!
My practice is about you, and exists to help you.
Why A Mind & Body Practice?
In our modern world we suffer a disconnect from holism. I see the mind and body as one, a system, organism, a constitution with multiple interconnected systems.
I bring together a number of tools and methods, to help all the parts that make you whole, to support you as a whole, to discover and eliminate the true root causes of imbalances.
The mind and body impact each other, and are in fact inseparable… helping the body can happen by balancing the body chemistry, but it can also happens with mental health work, or hands-on work. Your body stores trauma, emotions, and your gut and heart are minds of their own.. your body is a mind, and your mind is interwoven with your body.. Your entire being, as a human, is a system comprised of mind, body, and energy. I honor and work with your mind, body, and energy.
I follow the MindBody truly holistic model of health care because this approach works.
What Is Ethan Wise Called?
I’ve built a multidisciplinary practice, during this process of learning I gained multiple titles.
I am the following:
A mental health practitioner
A clinical hypnotherapist
A mind-body therapist
A craniosacral therapist
Some of my certification (not counting my ongoing Masters in psychology) includes:
Certified herbalist (CH).
Certified hypnotherapist (CHt).
Certified consulting hypnotist.
Certified craniosacral therapist (CST).
Certified (Level 1-5) Dynamic Body Balancing (DBB) practitioner.
Certified psychological kinesiology level I (PSYCH-K®) facilitator.
Certified level III Chinese Spring Forest QiGong (SFQ) energy practitioner.
Certified stress reduction & motivational coach.
Other labels others called me by: A holistic health consultant, A naturopath, nutrition response testing facilitator, emotion code facilitator, a healing partner, pain reduction coach, mindbody consultant, an energy psychology practitioner, therapeutic body worker, a mental health consultant, mind-body medicine facilitator, a Reiki practitioner, a private wellness coach, spiritual coach, meditation trainer, nature therapy facilitator, a group & workshop facilitator, an educator, and an ordained minister.
These labels do not matter!
What matters is getting results,
I help you see positive results. Call me by my first name, because I don’t believe in titles that separate humans into different categories, just as I don’t separate the mind from the body, I see every human (that includes you) as worthy, infinite in potential and equally valuable.
You can do it – Wise MindBody Healing can help!
Education & Interests
- 2000 – 2004:
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Information Sciences & Minor in Mathematics. Minnesota State University, Mankato (2004)
- 2005 – 2007:
- HIPAA Security Rule and Privacy Training – SUPERVALU
- Becoming a Manager – SUPERVALU Online University
- Managing Conflict in the Organization – SUPERVALU Online University
- Project Mgmt Pro (PMP) Prep – SUPERVALU Online University
- 2008 – 2011:
- Hypnotherapist training – The Minnesota Institute of Advanced Communication Skills, with Devin Hastings
- Certified Consulting Hypnotist – Certification, registration & continuing ed – The National Guild of Hypnotists
- Stress Management Consultant – Minnesota Institute of Advanced Communication Skills
- Motivational Coach – Minnesota Institute of Advanced Communication Skills
- National Guild of Hypnotists (NGH) Certified Hypnotherapist
- TCM Spring Forest QiGong (SFQ) training with Chunyi Lin – Certified in Levels 1 – 3 along with internal and external energy healing
- 2012 – 2015:
- Cal Banyan Hypnosis continuing ed & advanced training: 5-Path, 7-path, regression, forgiveness therapy, self-hypnosis, quit smoking.
- Pre-med college courses at: North Hennepin community college, Inver Grove Heights community college, Metropolitan State University St Paul MN, and Herkimer State University NY.
- Permaculture Design at the Regenerative Leadership Institute
- HypnoAnesthersia for Pain Management Course by Ron Eslinger
- Emotion Code & Body Code, Dr. Bradley Nelson – self-taught
- Applied Kinesiology training with multiple mentors
- 2016 – 2018:
- Wild Rose College – Detoxing intensive
- Wild Rose College – Herbology certificate with Dr. Terry Willard
- Applied Kinesiology training & mentoring
- Psychological Kinesiology PSYCH-K® Facilitator training with Beth Holstein MSW, endorsed by Bruce Lipton Ph.D.
- Dynamic Body Balancing (Craniosacral therapy, myofascial unwinding, biofield and chakra balancing) workshops, entire program levels 1 – 5, with Dr. Carol Phillips D.C
- Men group facilitation using the Duluth Model (Domestic Abuse Intervention Project)
- MN DHS training, HIPPA training, and Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS) training with patients with persistent mental illness.
- In progress:
- Masters of Art in Counseling and Psychological Services Graduate student at St. Mary University of Minnesota, Health and Human Services department (2017..)
- Master Herbalist – Midwest School of Herbal Studies – Western Herbalism, Eastern Herbalism, assessments, etc. (2015..)
- Spring Forest QiGong Certified Practice Group Leader training
- Specific interests and areas of study:
- Jungian alchemy of psychology
- NAET (allergy elimination), NMT (Neuromodulation Technique), QNRT (Quantum Neuro Reset Therapy)
- Trauma release and re-integration
- Trauma Release Exercises (TRE)
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART) – “Eye Movement Positivization”
- Autogenic Training (AT)
- SomatoEmotional Release (SER) (hands-on and hands-off)
- Body psychotherapy, body-oriented psychotherapy, and somatic psychology
- Energy Psychology (muscle testing, applied kinesiology, feelings as energy)
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Motivational interviewing (MI)
- Solution-focused therapy (SFBT)
- Functional nutrition and Orthomolecular nutrition (functional medicine & orthomolecular medicine)
- Gut flora and GI health (microbiota-brain axis, mind-gut axis)
- Laboratory (western) herbal spagyric (alchemy) work
- Traditional Chinese medicine theory and Taoist philosophy
- Ayurveda (science and knowledge of life) and Vedic philosophy
Affiliations & Memberships
- Life Medical – Minnesota medical and rehabilitation, Saint Louis Park & Maplewood – Mind-body therapy & mental health provider
- Minnesota Holistic Medicine Group – Active member
- American Nutrition Association (ANA) – Former member
- Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology
- The prestigious National Guild of Hypnotist (NGH) certified hypnotherapist, consulting hypnotist, and active member
- St Mary’s University of Minnesota – Graduate Student (on-going)
- Minnesota State University, Mankato – Graduated
- Family Pathways & The Refuge – Former group facilitator
- Pathways Health Crisis Resource Center, Minneapolis – Former practitioner
- Spring Forest QiGong (SFQ) – Trained as a practitioner healer, practice group leader
- Psychological Kinesiology PSYCH-K – Trained as a facilitator
- Dynamic Body Balancing training with Dr. Carol Phillips DC, level 5
- Universal Life Church ordination.
- Religious Science Spiritual Centers
- Living Waters, Minnetonka
- Encircle Hypnosis, Golden Valley
- Holistic Gateway, Minneapolis
- Wise Traditions & Weston Price Foundation
- Neuro-Fitness LLC (I am the local rep in MN for CES Ultra)
- BlueBird Botanicals
- Emerson Ecologics – Wellevate
- Systemic Formulas
- My Rain Life
- Natural Partners – NP Script
- Nutri-Dyn (A Minnesota company)
- Universal Life Church
I do what I do because you (my client) matter!
My practice is about you, and exists to serve you.
You can do it – Wise MindBody Healing can help!
I am ready to support you in whatever transition, changes, or healing work that you seek.
My friends, heroes and thank you page: here
When Not Helping Clients, Researching or Studying
When I am not at graduate school, working with a client, leading a meetup, preparing for a workshop, or giving a talk, you find me studying a myriad of health related topics, maintaining my old farm house and land. When I am not doing that, I spend time with friends, loved ones and alone. Walking in nature, gardening, harvesting wild and domesticated plants, cooking, meditating, practicing muscle testing (of course!), practicing QiGong, finding beauty, enjoying nature photography and creating mixed media art.
My Clients’ Demographics
About 70% of my clients are female, 30% males, the majority are high functioning individuals adults. I see clients from the ages of 17 and over.