Thank you for visiting Wise MindBody Healing online! My name is Ethan E. Wise.
This page exists as a gesture of transparency.
What I Do
I have a Masters (MA) degree in Counseling and Psychological Services from St. Mary’s University of Minnesota. In my practice, I function as your alternative counselor and coach. My training and background includes a lot more than mental health counseling, scroll down to find a list.
The service I offer patients and clients is unique in that we address the mind and body at the same time to restore balance, remove or transmute beliefs, trauma, and habits in order to create (produce, allow for, or manifest) desirable results and experiences.
Not only do we work cognitively, but we also work together with the subconscious mind. Not only working with the mind, but also with the energy, and soul. We use the body to help the mind; we also use the mind to help the body; we utilize knowledge of psychology and biology in order to help the mind and body; and we unleash the healing powers of the subconscious mind. We also utilize philosophical and spiritual principles to help your entire being.
I meet you where you are, and support your unique needs holistically; I support the “whole you” in a customized manner rarely found elsewhere, with total kindness and respect, in a safe healing space.
Despite being trained and qualified in mental health diagnosis (and currently diagnose patients at one of my work sites), I do not diagnose anyone in my private practice. Additionally, I do not prescribe any medications, neither do I cure any ‘disease’.
The future of medicine is mind-body medicine, it should already be the case; while we wait for the mainstream (allopathic) medicine model to catch up, I decided to be the change I wanted to see. I bring practical knowledge and skills, from the east and the west, from scientific literature and traditional knowledge, for the biology and the mind, and make these available to people right now. In doing so, I am an educator, a guide, and my practice is my ministry.
Theory & Therapy
Read about the theory behind my practice, and therapies used here
Mission & Tag Lines
Contact & Locations
Please note – As of March 2020 – Most of the locations below are closed / discontinued / or I no longer see clients there. I meet all clients online now. Thanks
Contact or schedule with Ethan E. Wise here
Golden Valley office here
Life Medical SLP Office here
Old Life Medical Maple Wood office here
My home office and healing center here
At Soul Chiro in White Beat Lake, MN
Why I Do Healing Work
My path in life has allowed me to reach a place where I see no separation between mental health and physical health, mind and body, cognition and beliefs, or science and spirituality.
I offer my clients true unconditional acceptance, this is referred to by many names across psychological theoretical orientations, cultures, and spiritual traditions, names including: radical acceptance, unconditional positive regard, non-judgment, understanding, acceptance, kindness, love, Christ consciousness, and holding a sacred space. I offer this to every client to enable their healing.
Helping and teaching people about how they can help themselves, is how I contribute in helping make this world a better place one person, one moment, at a time.
Be it, mind-body healing, nutrition to balance the body, nutrition for mental health, psychological healing work, removing or changing negative beliefs, emotional empowerment, trauma release, or helping you understand your body, your personality, and your soul, we will work with the subconscious mind to create inner transmutation, and with your consciousness itself … with all these, I partner with you in helping you on your own path. The goal is to find balance, lower suffering, build resiliency, and help you feel empowered.
Helping you understand yourself, your human nature in all its parts (such as your fears, your body, and your subconscious mind), allows you to realize your potential, to lower suffering, lower pain, and become empowered in the mind and body. This is what I spend most my time researching or doing.
This is beyond being my profession, it is a passion, if I had to use words to describe what I do I would say that it is a part of my personal spiritual practice, and ministry.
I do what I do because you matter!
My practice is about you, and exists to help you.
Why A Mind & Body Practice?
In our modern world we suffer a disconnect from holism. I see the mind and body as one, a system, organism, a constitution.
The mind and body are intricately interconnected. Most medical professionals today focus on one organ, a system, or the symptoms neglecting in the process to notice the person behind these symptoms, the whole person, the whole human being.. that is who you are.
The mind and body impact each other, and are in fact inseparable… helping the body can happen by balancing the body chemistry, but it also happens with mental health work, with subconscious-mind work, and with energy work, or by impacting the gut-brain axis, the autonomic nervous system, beliefs, and by impacting all of the autonomic functions of the body, not to mention feelings, beliefs, and habitual changes. Your whole being, is one.
Your body stores trauma, emotions, and your gut and heart are minds of their own.. your body is a mind, and your mind is interwoven with your body. Your entire being, as a human, is a system comprised of mind, body, energy, and soul. Your mind is mostly subconscious. When I work with you, I take all of these into consideration.
I follow the MindBody truly holistic model of healthcare because this approach works better.
The state of healing today: In the healing field, there is an abundance of clinical research, scientific evidence, and empirical evidence that supports the use (efficacy and effectiveness) of most the techniques that I utilize, from nutritional to psychological…modern to ancient… Despite this, there remains a severe shortage in the availability of practitioners who address a human truly holistically. This is not a fault, it is just a part of the reality we live in. I have been moving towards a results-based system over the last couple years.
Being able to blend science and philosophy, spirituality and biology, and understand what healing means to a whole human being requires the person to embark on personal journey. This journey is always holistic, because the human being is a holistic being.
Despite the holistic nature of a human, professionally, many have continued to specialize and create more division between the parts that make up a human. Again, this is not a fault, it’s a byproduct of human nature. The specialized research does produce invaluable sets of data.
Data alone is useless, knowledge without action is useless, intention without action is deficient, action without intention is purposeless, ignoring the whole of your reality is shortsighted. This applies to the healing arts. The art is in understanding the data holistically, internalizing knowledge, and using it with intention.
Often, internalizing understanding takes time, and understanding the human condition takes personal growth, usually after suffering.
From the depth of stillness, you begin to understand your own self, and you can then see the world in a more coherent, holistic, view where you also understand others; the labels and divisions start to vanish. This coherent view of the human being is lacking in today’s health professions.
I practice this art as I practice living itself, hence my work is guided by my philosophy, and is my ministry.
However, please note, I do not offer medical advice and we do not cure any diseases. None of the statements made on this website are FDA-approved.
Read about the theories that influence my practice, and therapies here
What Is Ethan Wise Called?
I’ve built a multidisciplinary practice, during this process I gained multiple titles.
I have been called by the following labels:
A mental health professional
An alternative counselor
A mind-body coach
A clinical hypnotist
A craniosacral therapist
A holistic health consultant
An energy healer
A classical naturopath
A group leader
Some of my certification and other titles include:
- Certified herbalist (CH).
- Certified hypnotherapist (CHt).
- Certified consulting hypnotist.
- Certified (levels 1-4) Craniosacral / Myofascial unwinding therapist (CST).
- Certified Dynamic Body Balancing (DBB) practitioner (muscle testing, craniosacral, somatoemotional release, myofascial unwinding, and energy balancing).
- Certified psychological kinesiology level I (PSYCH-K®) facilitator.
- Certified level III Chinese Spring Forest QiGong (SFQ) energy practitioner.
- Spring Forest QiGong (SFQ) Certified Practice Group Leader.
- Certified stress reduction & motivational coach.
- Registered ordained minister (ORDM) with Hennepin County, MN.
- Masters of Art (MA) degree in Counseling and Psychological Services from St. Mary’s University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN.
Other labels that I have been called by over the years:
- an herbalist,
- a nutritional response testing (NRT) facilitator,
- the pain (reduction) expert,
- a mindbody consultant,
- an energy psychology practitioner,
- a mental health consultant,
- a Reiki & QiGong practitioner,
- a private wellness coach,
- a spiritual coach,
- a meditation teacher,
- a nature therapy facilitator,
- a healing partner,
- a listener,
- a QiGong practice-group leader,
- a group & workshop facilitator,
- an educator,
- and an ordained minister (ORDM) with ULC.
I am not going to ask you to call me by any professional title, I do not prefer titles that separate, rank, and elevate people from each other. These are superficial titles, the question of what to call me can go deep. For the purposes of this website, I am a vehicle that facilitates healing. I am someone that creates a safe sacred space for you free of judgment so that you can become empowered.
These labels do not matter,
What matters is getting results.
Please call me by my first name, Ethan
You can do it – Wise MindBody Healing can help!
Masters of Art (MA) in Counseling and Psychological Services
Health and Human Services department – St. Mary’s University of Minnesota.
Other Education & Training
- 2000 – 2007:
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Information Sciences & Minor in Mathematics. Minnesota State University, Mankato – Magna Cum Laude honors
- HIPAA Security Rule and Privacy Training – SUPERVALU
- Becoming a Manager – SUPERVALU Online University
- Managing Conflict in the Organization – SUPERVALU Online University
- Project Mgmt Pro (PMP) Prep – SUPERVALU Online University
- 2008 – 2011:
- Hypnotherapist training – The Minnesota Institute of Advanced Communication Skills, with Devin Hastings
- Certified Consulting Hypnotist – Certification, registration & continuing ed – The National Guild of Hypnotists
- Stress Management Consultant – Minnesota Institute of Advanced Communication Skills
- Motivational Coach – Minnesota Institute of Advanced Communication Skills
- National Guild of Hypnotists (NGH) Certified Hypnotherapist
- TCM Spring Forest QiGong (SFQ) training with Chunyi Lin – Certified in Levels 1 – 3 along with internal and external energy healing
- 2012 – 2015:
- Cal Banyan Hypnosis continuing ed & advanced training: 5-Path, 7-path, regression, forgiveness therapy, self-hypnosis, quit smoking.
- Pre-med college courses at: North Hennepin community college, Inver Grove Heights community college, Metropolitan State University St Paul MN, and Herkimer State University NY.
- Permaculture Design at the Regenerative Leadership Institute
- HypnoAnesthersia for Pain Management Course by Ron Eslinger
- Emotion Code & Body Code, Dr. Bradley Nelson – self-taught
- Applied Kinesiology training with multiple mentors
- 2016 – 2018:
- Wild Rose College – Detoxing intensive
- Wild Rose College – Herbology certificate with Dr. Terry Willard
- Applied Kinesiology training by mentoring
- Psychological Kinesiology PSYCH-K® Facilitator training with Beth Holstein MSW, endorsed by Bruce Lipton Ph.D.
- Dynamic Body Balancing (Craniosacral therapy, myofascial unwinding, biofield and chakra balancing) workshops, entire program levels 1 – 5, with Dr. Carol Phillips D.C
- Men group facilitation using the Duluth Model (Domestic Abuse Intervention Project)
- MN DHS training, HIPPA training, and Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS) training with patients with persistent mental illness.
- 2019 – Current:
- Workshop in Clinical Hypnosis with the Minnesota Society of Clinical Hypnosis (MSCH) approved by the Minnesota Medical Association and American Society of Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH)
- Spring Forest QiGong (SFQ) Certified Practice Group Leader
- Orthomolecular Nutrition, with the Holistic Arts Institute, Inc. (HAI) – In-progress
Interests and areas of study:
- Subconscious mind healing.
- Consciousness-based and awareness-based therapy.
- Consciousness studies.
- Brain wave training, EEG, and neurofeedback.
- Breath-work, breathwork.
- Hemispheric lateralization, hemispheric synchronization, whole brain states, psych-k balances, sound technology, theratapper, postures.
- Lucid dreaming
- Jungian alchemy of psychology, archetypes, parts work, and “shadow” work.
- Metaphysics and parapsychology.
- Traditional Chinese medicine theory.
- Taoist philosophy.
- Buddhist and Vedic philosophy (Wikipedia links: Advaita Vedanta, Neo-Vedanta, Neo-Advaita, Maya, Upanishads, Brahman, Atman, Higher Consciousness)
- Pantheism (Wikipedia)
- Stoicism (Wikipedia)
- Transcendentalism (Wikipedia)
- Mysticism (modern and ancient)
- Laboratory herbal spagyric and alchemy
- NAET (allergy elimination), NMT (Neuromodulation Technique), QNRT (Quantum Neuro Reset Therapy)
- Trauma release and re-integration
- Trauma Release Exercises (TRE)
- Eye movement techniques, including the famous Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART) – “Eye Movement Positivization”
- Autogenic Training (AT)
- Awareness-Based Cognitive Therapy (ABCT)
- Existential-humanistic psychology
- Transpersonal psychology
- MI, CBT, MBCT, SFBT,
- Mind-body medicine
- Hypnotherapy, hypnosis, clinical hypnosis, hypnotic states, history of hypnosis and trance-states in healing.
- SomatoEmotional Release (SER) (hands-on and hands-off)
- Body psychotherapy, body-oriented psychotherapy, and somatic psychology
- Energy Psychology (muscle testing, applied kinesiology, feelings as energy)
- Functional nutrition, Orthomolecular nutrition (functional medicine & orthomolecular medicine), and nutrition for mental health and chronic disease
- Naturopathic (nature-based) medicine and philosophy
- Minerals, vitamins, fats, and amino acids for health
- Gut flora and GI health, microbiota, microflora, probiotics (microbiota-brain axis, mind-gut axis)
- Chronic disease, chronic pain, intractable pain, joint pain
- Visceral pain, phantom limb pain
- Inflammation, autoimmune, and neuroimmune responses
- Functional gastrointestinal disorders, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), ulcerative collitis (UC), and Crohn’s disease
- Bell’s palsy,
- Diabetes & blood sugar control
- Metabolic syndrome
- Weight loss
- Hair loss in women and men
- Nutritional deficiencies and toxicity.
Affiliations & Memberships
- Life Medical – Minnesota medical and rehabilitation, Saint Louis Park & Maplewood – Contracted mind-body therapy & mental health provider
- The Minnesota Society of Clinical Hypnosis – Active student member (2019)
- Minnesota Holistic Medicine Group – Active member
- American Nutrition Association (ANA) – Former member
- Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology – Former member
- The National Guild of Hypnotist (NGH) – Certified hypnotherapist and consulting hypnotist and member 2009-2019
- St Mary’s University of Minnesota – Masters of Art (MA) in Counseling and Psychological Services
- Minnesota State University, Mankato – Former student
- Family Pathways & The Refuge – Former group facilitator
- Pathways Health Crisis Resource Center, Minneapolis – Former practitioner
- Spring Forest QiGong (SFQ) – Trained as a level 3 practitioner and practice group leader
- Psychological Kinesiology PSYCH-K – Trained as a PSYCH-K facilitator
- Dynamic Body Balancing training with Dr. Carol Phillips DC – Trained in levels 1 to 5 in DBB and Craniosacral Therapy
- Universal Life Church – Ordained in 2018
- Living Waters, Minnetonka – Former participant and practitioner
- Encircle Hypnosis, Golden Valley
- Wise Traditions & Weston Price Foundation – Former member
- Neuro-Fitness LLC (Local rep in MN for CES Ultra) – Product rep
- BlueBird Botanicals
- Emerson Ecologics – Wellevate
- Natural Partners – NP Script
Heroes & Books
My friends & heroes, and thank you page: here
Find my favorite books here
When Not Helping Clients, Researching or Studying
When I am not working with a client or facilitating a workshop or group, you find me studying a myriad of health/natural/spiritual/philosophical related topics, maintaining the old farm homestead and land that I have adopted. When I am not doing that, I spend time with friends, loved ones and alone, walking in nature, gardening, harvesting wild and domesticated plants, cooking, meditating, exploring the inner world, experimenting with nature exploring the outer world, being a Christian mystic, practicing gratitude, asking (setting intentions and praying for) clients and others… I consider this my way of practicing the art of living.
Ethan E. Wise