My hands-on therapeutic bodywork sessions are problem-focused and solution-focused
Please note: I do not offer massage therapy.
You remain fully clothed, in a comfortable recliner chair or on a table.
Hands-on therapy is utilized only on an “as needed” basis and when both client and therapist are in agreement as to the benefit of this therapy.
Hands-on sessions are utilized to address these issues:
- Migraines and headaches (all types), Bell’s palsy (face drooping), and Tinnitus
- Sensory processing disorders & ADHD
- Calming the autonomic nervous system (parasympathetic activation)
- Guided meditation and body-awareness
Hands-on sessions are utilized to teach you:
- Training on feeling your emotions in your body
- Training on understanding emotional and physical pain in your body
- Training on releasing and lowering the pain in your body
- Training on feeling and connecting with your body
- Training on releasing emotions
- Training on self-care and the use of: acu-pressure points, trigger points, myofascial unwinding, muscle testing, QiGong self-healing, and pain reduction.
The therapeutic goal is to empower you, to help you restore balance to your mind-body, connect with your own body, learn how to listen, honor, acknowledge, and also release tension and stuck energy.
Somatic (body) therapy can be accomplished using the mind; they also can be done with hands-on and hands-off body work.
My hands-on bodywork is utilized with a subset of clients, and is outcome-based. This approach is able to calm the nervous system (this lowers pain, muscle tension, migraines, sensory imbalances, anxiety, and a lot more), utilizes craniosacral therapy, acupuncture points, trigger points for musculoskeletal pain, releases tension, and stimulates energy flow promoting lasting healing.
The theory behind this work is based on the idea of energy and restoring balance.
Craniosacral Therapy balances the nervous system which has a cascading effect on all body systems and often lowers chronic pain, anxiety while helping balance the structure of the body along with promoting a balancing of the nervous system.
Myofascial unwinding allows for the releasing of trauma, and to cause an ‘adjustment’ to happen to the body structurally without ‘cracking’ joints into place.
I blend craniosacral work with chakra balancing, energy (Qigong, Reiki, bio-field) healing along with TCM energy theory (meridian acupuncture point stimulation) to balance energy and emotions when needed.
Energy is a broad term, it includes emotional energy, emotions are “energy in motion” as in “e-motion”.
The human body is designed to respond well to positive and intentional healing touch. This work is therapeutic and this modality is only utilized with certain individuals when it is appropriate and with consent. As explained, body work can be done without touch, using the power of the mind, this is usually where we start.
Hands-on sessions are based on:
- Craniosacral (cranial-sacral) therapy (CST)
- Myofascial unwinding
- Visceral (facial) cranial therapy
- Neurocranial unwinding
- Intra-oral unwinding
- Dynamic Body Balancing (DBB) system
- Pressure point therapy
- Stimulating TCM energy meridians and acupuncture points without needling, auricular (ear) acupressure.
- Trigger point therapy
- Lasers and light:
- Low level laser therapy (LLLT)
- Laser acupuncture (needle-less acupuncture) specifically auricular acu-laser
- Infrared (IR) heat therapy
- Energy balancing
- Therapeutic Touch (energy)
- Touch for Health system
- Chakra balancing & energy (Qi, Chi, biofield) balancing
- External QiGong (energy healing)
- Emotional and trauma healing
- Somato-emotional (somatoemotional) trauma release technique
- Trauma release exercises
- Balancing the body structurally without chiropractic adjustments or cracking
- Balancing the nervous system to help with neurological disorders
- Localized Gentle TENS therapy when needed
Keywords: Massage, myofascial unwinding, Cranal sacral, craniosacral, Energy Balancing, Qi-Gong energy healing, Spring Forest QiGong® (SFQ), Energy healing and balancing (off-body), Energy body-work (on-body, fully clothed), healing touch, Chakra balancing, QiSsage, TCM energy, Energy body, biofield clearing, chakra, reiki, energy medicine, TCM acupuncture point stimulation (without needles), needle-less acupuncture, acupressure, laser acupuncture, electro-puncture. Trigger point activation. Laser, cold laser, LLLT, phototherapy, red light, IR, anti-inflammatory, pain reduction, joint pain, muscle pain, adjustment, balance, chiro, body balancing, spinal balancing, posture, unwinding, hidden emotions, somato-emotional release, pressure points, trigger points, intuitive, bodywork, body-work, healing touch, acupuncture, nervous system.