Here’s a simple, basic, self-hypnosis script that’s easy to use:
1. Sit comfortably with your feet on the floor and your hands on your lap.
2. Take 3 deep breaths, in through your nose, out through your mouth.
3. On the third breath, close your eyes and continue to breathe, deeply focusing on your breath.
4. Now slowly count down from 10 to 1 with each breath. After each number, think the word “deeper” to nudge you into a state of deeper relaxation.
5. After you reach 1, repeat a positive, affirming statement to yourself that you’ve decided on beforehand.
6. Repeat that statement to yourself for as long as you wish, usually a few minutes.
7. When you are done sit quietly for a moment, then slowly count from 1 to 5, visualizing energy returning to your body.
8. Open your eyes. You’re done.
If you are unsure about what to use as your suggestion statement during your self-hypnosis session, you can’t go wrong with this famous all-encompassing autosuggestion by French psychologist Emile Coue:
“Every day, in every way, I’m getting better and better.”
It is better to include intention and emotion as you say, feel, these positive suggestion statements you are using.
You can also visualize the results in your mind’s eye.
End your session correctly (learn how).